Ride with Us
Wanna ride with us? It is free and open to anyone. We have fixed weekly rides, and also organize other epic rides and multi-day events to selected destinations.
The only thing we will ask from you is some common sense, which we try to summarize in the following lines. See you on the road!
It's a Group Ride
Remember. It's a group ride, not a race. If you like to ride by yourself, race at your own pace, have difficulty adhering to rules, or following a ride leader, then a Veloton ride is not for you.
Some of our rides feature a "no drop" policy. "No drop" means the ride leader or a sweeper will stay behind all the other riders in the group. It also means we will regroup periodically until everyone catches up. No drop also means we will try to assist you (within reason) with any mechanical problems you encounter along the way. However, you are expected to know how to fix flats yourself and to show up with a well maintained bike with fully inflated tires.
- Helmets are required. No exceptions.
- No earbuds in ears, regardless of whether they are in use.
- Obey the laws & rules of the road.
- Do not run red lights.
- Maintain steady power. Steady on flats, slower on hills, faster on descents.
- Call out road hazards.
- Pay attention to upcoming stop lights. Avoid panic stops and avoid running the entire peloton through red lights.
- If you must ride with aero bars, please stay at the back of the group.
- If you are at the front of the group, you are responsible for keeping the ride smooth & safe.
- Ride steady. Be obvious with your intentions and moves. Don't cross wheels or stuff yourself into gaps.
- Ride no wider than two abreast. Although we assert & defend our rights as cyclists, we try to minimize our impact on motorized traffic.
- Respect your fellow riders.
- Keep it fun.
Veloton does not warrant the safety of routes selected for rides. Roads are NOT closed for cyclists. Cyclists ride at their own risk and assume total responsibility for their own safety. Veloton, its organizers and ride leaders will not be responsible for any injury or damage to any persons or property that may arise from participation in the ride.
Code of Conduct
We are committed to providing a welcoming and inspiring community for all and expect everyone to follow suit:
- Be friendly and patient.
- Be welcoming.
- Be considerate.
- Be respectful.
- Be careful in the words that you use. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harrassment, racial or sexual discrimination, or other exclusionary behavior is not acceptable.
Ride leaders might terminate the participation of people that are negatively impacting a ride. If you witness unacceptable behavior, please report it to any of the ride leaders.
These are our fixed weekly rides. If you are unsure whether a ride will be too far or fast for you, our strong recommendation is to come join us on our Wednesday Social Rides first.
As a general rule, pace will be brisk but reasonable along the flats, and it is important to ride together taking advantage of draft effects where we can. Climbs will be done at riders' own pace, so you can really challenge yourself here if you wish or take it easy and enjoy the view. We will always re-group at the top of climbs – if you are the KOM/QOM, please take a well earned rest while waiting for the others.
Wednesday Social Ride
- Meeting time: 18:00
- Start time: 18:15
- Meeting point: Fountain at Sihlcity
A classical ride in Zürich. Based upon a core route, and as the season gets longer, the ride gets longer. Always a ride leader and sweeper on this route. Depending on group and attendees, there may or may not be an A/B group.
Sunday Club Ride
- Start time: 9:00.
- Meeting point: Triemli (next to Thiwa Cafe)
Meeting in Triemli, the route for these rides vary week to week, in the range of an 80-100km loop. You will get to explore beautiful country-side and hilly regions surrounding Zürich.